Table of Contents
- Energy use
- Home and building energy efficiency
- Food choices
- Offsetting carbon emissions
A carbon offset calculator is a tool that can help individuals and organisations understand and quantify their carbon footprint, and then take steps to reduce it. It works by assessing the carbon emissions associated with different aspects of daily life, such as transportation, energy use, home and building energy efficiency, food choices and any other activities that may release greenhouse gases. With this information, it can help you identify areas where you can reduce your carbon footprint and also it will provide you with the cost of offsetting any remaining emissions by purchasing carbon offset credits.
By using a carbon offset calculator, you can make more informed decisions about how to reduce your impact on the environment and take meaningful steps to combat climate change. With the Carbon Reduction Institute carbon offset calculator you can purchase carbon offset credits after using it for your calculations.
A carbon offset calculator can help you calculate the carbon emissions associated with different modes of transportation, such as driving, flying, and taking public transportation. This information can help you make more informed decisions about how to reduce your transportation-related carbon footprint.
Tips to reduce your transportation carbon footprint
- Use public transportation, carpooling or biking
- Choose an electric vehicle or hybrid car
- Use technology to plan your route
- Avoid unnecessary trips
- Support the development of low carbon transportation infrastructure
The calculator can help you determine the carbon emissions associated with different sources of energy, such as electricity generated from fossil fuels or renewable sources. This information can help you make more informed decisions about how to reduce your energy-related carbon footprint.
Home and building energy efficiency
The calculator can help you determine the potential carbon emissions reductions associated with making energy-efficient upgrades to your home or building. This information can help you prioritise which upgrades will have the biggest impact on reducing your carbon footprint.
A carbon offset calculator can help you understand the carbon emissions associated with different types of food, such as meat, dairy, and plant-based options. This information can help you make more informed decisions about how to reduce your food-related carbon footprint.
What is your climate impact?
Use our online calculator to estimate your carbon footprint and find out how much you need to offset to compensate for your greenhouse gas emissions.
- When entering information base it on 12 months for each category.
- We use emissions factors and averages for Australia.
- For larger and more complex measurements we recommend our Carbon Advisors conduct a comprehensive emissions analysis.
Contact us to measure other emissions, such as freight, that aren’t shown.
Do I need to create an account?
Can I offset my emissions with the calculator?
- Yes, you can offset your emissions and be carbon neutral by submitting payment at the end of the NoCO2 calculator
- Click here for more information about the calculator.